Posted on January 04 2017
- To someone’s home: Sending flowers to someone’s home—whether it be for a congratulatory or romantic occasion, is always appropriate. Just be sure to include a card with these, as you may be giving an unintended message with them. For example, a congratulatory arrangement to a co-worker could be seen as a romantic remark.
- As a hostess’ gift: Thinking about bringing something to a party, but not quite sure what to bring? Flowers are often a go-to in this scenario, as every home could use a little bit of extra color to brighten it up. For this, try to stick to generic flowers and arrangements, nothing too fancy.
- Meeting a significant other’s parents: This one may be a little bit trickier than the rest, but it is important nonetheless. If you’re looking to make a nice gesture when you meet the parents of your significant other, bring them an arrangement of flowers. Keep it simple, and we guarantee that they will absolutely love it.
- First Date: This is a very tricky one, but it is advised to not give flowers on the first date. If you have known the person for a while, or you know that they love flowers, then it may be a good move. Otherwise, stay away.
- Farewell gift: Whether it be a co-worker, a boss, or someone else, giving flowers as a farewell gift can be passed up. Instead, try to gift something that will last longer, like bamboo or another sturdy plant. This is serve as a lasting reminder, and won’t give off an unintended message.