5 Tips to Save Money on Wedding Flowers - Eden Events
Posted on June 23 2018
The people over at EDEN EVENTS are wedding flower experts. The 30 years plus experience comes in handy when you have to stay on budget. Wedding flowers take up about a third of your wedding budget. The guidance of a wedding flower professional comes in handy for picking out the right flowers, accessories and decor.
1. Multi-Purpose Wedding FlowersReuse flowers that only get to be seen once. For example, reuse the ceremony flowers as centerpieces. After exchanging your vows, your guest usually go to a room for appetizers and drinks, while the wedding party gets their photos taken. During this time, the wedding planner/staff do last minute preps to the ballroom for you and your guest. All you need to do is plan ahead to reuse your ceremony flowers as centerpieces.
2. Use the KISS Principle"Keep it simple, stupid" principle also applies to wedding flowers. The key goal is to minimize complexity and to build a meaningful wedding presentation. Minimal does not mean a shoddy look rather there is more elegance with a minimalist approach.
3. Seasonal and Locally Grown FlowersYou can blow up your budget if you are set on certain flowers. Cost friendly seasonal flowers that are locally grown can save you a ton of money.
- Anemone, Asters, Button Chrysanthemums, Calla lilies, Cymbidium Orchid, Dahlias, Daisies, Delphinium, Freesia, Geraniums, Hydrangeas, Iris, Jacobs ladder, Larkspur, Phalaeonopsis Orchid, Queen Anne's lace, Roses, Shasta daises, Spider Chrysanthemums, Stock, Sunflower, Viburnum, Zinnias
- Amaryllis, Anemone, Camellias, Casablanca Lilies, Forget-me-nots, French Tulips, Gardenias, Holly, Jasmine, Orchids, Mini Gerberas, Narcissus Paper Whites, Poinsettias, Roses
- Asiatic Lily, Asters, Calla Lilies, Chrysanthemums, Dahlias, Gerbera daisies, Gladioli, Marigolds, Roses, Sunflowers, Zinnias
- Apple or cherry blossoms, Daffodils, Dogwoods, Forsythia branches, Hyacinths, Hydrangeas, Iris, Larkspur, Lilacs, Lilies, Lily of the valley, Lisianthus, Mini Calla Lily, Pansies, Peonies, Roses, Sweet peas, Tulips