5 Tips To Keep Your Flowers As Fresh As Possible
Posted on January 01 2022
Happy New Year from the Garden of Eden! Chances are you or a loved one has received an arrangement over the holiday break. You are probably thinking, “How in the world do I make this lovely bouquet last?” Well, here are a few tips that will help keep your flowers looking as fresh as the day you got them!
- Keep your arrangements in a cool place and out of direct sunlight. Flowers are susceptible to sunburn just like us humans. They are living things after all!
- Clean your vase every few days with a touch of bleach and hot water to eliminate harmful bacteria. Bacteria can eat away at your arrangement and decrease the vase life of your flowers.
- Cut the end of the stems every few days to increase water uptake in your flowers.
- Keep leaves above the waterline. Submerged leaves can produce bacteria that can be absorbed by your living stems.
- Replace the water in your vase every few days to keep bacteria at bay. A splash of bleach in your vase water can also help limit bacteria growth.
Implementing these tips will ensure your flowers stay strong and beautiful!